The Official TLK Code в Version 1.7
By: Trey McElveen and Athari
You can download TLK Encoder/Decoder (for Windows 9x and higher) here.
Introduction by Athari
A long time passed since the last update of TLK Code. A lot of things have
changed: the First Church of Simba has disappeared, two new feature films have
been released... It is hard to count everything. TLK Code has became rather
obsolete. This update is an attempt to bring it round. If you find any mistakes
and/or you have any suggestions write me to athari at bk dot ru (replace "at" with "@" and "dot" with "."). Sorry for possible mistakes in my English, my native language is Russian.
I was fishing around on the web and I decided to go 'round the FurRing for
a while. I had been to a few sites when suddenly I happened upon the page
that had a link to something called Furry Code. Interested, I clicked and
found myself staring at funky letters, pluses, minuses, and many squiggly
lines. I was frightened at first, since I have a uncontrollable urge to run
screaming at anything resembling a programming language, but after reading
up on it and actually understanding it, I decided that this was pretty durn
A few days later, I recieved a few e-mails (which isn't surprising, I'm on
TLK-L). One, from a friend of mine that is a very active Furry, had his
Furry Code in his sig. For something to do, I went to the Furry Code page
an deciphered his code. Then I went back and read the rest of the messages,
which were mostly TLK-L. About halfway through, I realized that none of the
people on TLK-L had any codes at all, and since we had translated The Lion
King's script into Pig Latin and therefore reached cult status, that all
fans of TLK should have a code of their own. I put the idea forth to the
TLK-L, and it got a positive response. So I set forth to create this page
you're reading right now....
The TLK Code page.
Here, any TLK fan can learn the Code, create his/her own code, and do
whatever they want to with it. I've mostly seen it used on sigs and on web
pages for the true fanatic. So, have fun and remember... Hakuna Matata!
- Jan. 9, 1997 - First release
- Jan. 12, 1997 - TLK Code v.1.01
- Thanks to Jespah for suggesting the "Tiger" sub-category in the "Pets" RL category.
- Also, thanks to BoyceCJ fot the "RLHM" category. Boyce also inspired the "/" general modifer, and the small replacement of "cubs" instead of "children". Good thinking!
- Joe McCauley suggested the "IBM Mainframe" sub-category in the RL"Computer" category.
- Jan. 13, 1997 - TLK Code v. 1.1
- Thanks to Jason Knight for most of the editing of the code in this version of the TLK. There are changes to the TLK category, TLK-L category, and the "Pets" RL category, among others.
- Apr. 14, 1998 - TLK Code v. 1.5
- Lots of changes, so I'm skipping some version numbers. Small additions in the "Transformation" and "Philes" category (added Rafiki) and deleted the "Games" category. Hardly anyone noticed it was missing.
- Added the "Merchandise" and "Digital Collection" categories, per the request of Doug Muth.
- Not a necessary addition, but the RL section of code was looking kinda skimpy, so I added a category called "Likes" to let others know in a broad sense what other things interest you than TLK. I only have a few sub-categories, so if you've any ideas, let me know.
- Apr. 20, 1998 - TLK Code v. 1.51
- Nalina from the TLK-L and African Tails Muck brought to my attention that I had neglected adding their MUCK to the Mucks category. Well, theirs and Serengeti Nights, so I rectified this in an update. Thanks, and hughuggles to ya, Nal! :)
- Also, thanks to Dave Cleary for pointing out (in a massive attaboy, how typical :) that I had blatantly left out Gopher in the Transformation list of characters! Shame on me, shame shame shame! :)
- Ecco6484 asked me to add Timon under the Philes section in the TLK area. Done.
- May 15, 2004 - TLK Code v. 1.6
- The FCOS no longer exists, so correspondeing section was removed.
- New characters from "TLK 2" and "TLK 1 1/2" were added.
- Likes section has been improved a lot. Loads of likes were added. Hope that list would be enough. :)
- Forums, TLK games & TLK music sections added. Thanks to Robert Zhu for the idea of the last two ones.
- A few formulations in Fan art, Digital collection, Philes and Computers sections were changed.
- June 20, 2004 - TLK Code v. 1.7
- Philes section expanded and now renamed into Favorite Characters. Now you can't be afraid to be misunderstood.
Not everybody will fit completely into a category, so some general
modifiers will be needed in the TLK Code. A list below is given and and how
to use the code is also outlined.
- ? : Means that you haven't decided whether or not you fit into that
category, or don't have an opinion on it. This replaces any standard
Example: If you haven't decided on if you would transform into a TLK
character if given the chance, you would put t?.
- ! : Means that you don't want to participate in this category. It
says, "It's not that I haven't made my mind up on this, but that I
have and I'm not telling!" This is put before the code.
Example: If you don't want to take part in the Philes section of the
code, put !P.
- > : Means that you currently don't fit into one code, but hope to in
the future. Place it between 2 suffixes.
Example: If you want to improve your TLK fan art in the near future
from "I draw pretty well." to "I can draw Simba with my eyes closed.",
- / : Means that you belong to more than one suffix in a category. Use
it between two suffixes.
Example: If you do simple reports and math on a computer, but quite
haven't gotten the hang of it, use c+/-.
- $ : Means that you make money off of what the category deals with.
Place this after all suffixes.
Example: A professional artist might use A++++$
- # : Means that you want to keep the information in the category
personal. This replaces the normal suffix.
Example: If you use sm# it says, "I'll tell you I'm male, but I'm not
saying a word about my sex life!"
Usually, the code runs over 2 or more lines. It's helpful if you break the
lines where the TLK code ends and the RL code begins. This is just for ease
of use and readability. Look at the example at the bottom of the page to
see what I'm talking about.
This is the actual Lion King part of TLK Code, the other part is about you
in real life.
TLK - Fan Status
How would describe your status as a fan of The Lion King?
A - Fan Art
- TLK++++ : I often visit the Pride Lands, and am considering taking up residence there.
- TLK+++ : I'm usually called "Simba" by my friends.
- TLK++ : TLKiaWoL!
- TLK+ : Best darn movie made, but that's all it is.
- TLK : Well, Disney's always been good.
- TLK- : What's TLK?
- TLK-- : What's Disney?
Many TLK fans have taken to pen and paper. Have you?
B - Merchandise
- A++++ : Art is my life.
- A+++ : I can draw Simba with my eyes closed.
- A++ : I can draw pretty well.
- A+ : I can draw, kinda.
- A : I don't do art.
- A- : I can't draw stickfigures without moving the ruler.
- A-- : I can't find a ruler.
How much TLK merchandise do you own? Anything TLK is fair game.
D - Digital Collection
- B++++ : I supply The Disney Store.
- B+++ : People mistake at least one room in the house for a Disney Store.
- B++ : I added onto my house to make room.
- B+ : I annexed an existing room for my collection.
- B : My bed is covered in plushies, but not much else.
- B- : I used to have a floaty pen, but I let someone borrow it.
- B-- : I sold my collection to pay credit cards off.
Now that physical collection is out of the way, how much TLK stuff is on your computer?
U - Music
- D++++ : Can you say "dedicated drive"?
- D+++ : The only reason to have a CD burner.
- D++ : Can you say "JAZ Drive"?
- D+ : Can you say "ZIP Drive"?
- D : Over 50 MB.
- D- : Less than 50 MB.
- D-- : I'm one of those freaks that uses my computer to work.
Plenty of music disks anyhow related to TLK have come out. These are
soundtracks on every possible language, Rhythm of the Pride Lands, disk of
the Broadway musical, and innumerable remixes and remakes. How much music
do you have and how often do you listen to it?
G - Computer and Board Games
- U++++ : This is the only music I listen to.
- U+++ : I've got all or almost all disks with TLK misic.
- U++ : I've learnt all songs by heart, and a day without this music would be awful.
- U+ : My playlist contains TLK music.
- U : I've got some music on my computer and listen to it from time to time.
- U- : I havent't got any TLK related music, but maybe I'll get it one day.
- U-- : I don't like this music.
How many TLK related games do you own and do you play them over and over again?
To begin with, which games do you own?
Now the modifiers...
- t : TLK for DOS/SNES/GameBoy/Sega/etc.
- a : TLK: Simba's Mighty Adventure for GameBoy Colour/Playstation
- j : Timon & Pumbaa Jungle Games for Win95
- p : Adventures in Typing with Timon & Pumbaa for PC
- g : TLK2 SP GameBreak for PC
- c : TLK2 Active Play
- o : TLK: Operation Pridelands
- b : TLK 1 1/2 (a.k.a. TLK in Eurasian countries) for GBA
- k : Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure for GBA/PS2
- v : TLK Activity Center
- s : Animated Storybook
- e : Other...
L - The TLK-L
- G++++ : I play them everyday and sometimes doze off in front of the monitor/game table.
- G+++ : I play them once or twice every week.
- G++ : I own the whole collection. This also counts if the box is still unopened.
- G+ : I bought one or two (a few in general).
- G : I've heard of them, but I'm probably not going to purchase any.
- G- : What TLK Games?
- G-- : Games? What kind of foreign language is that?
The TLK-L is the Lion King Mailing List. How active are you on the List?
F - Forums
- L++++ : I'm system operator for the TLK-L.
- L+++ : I post replies to each and every message I get.
- L++ : I post replies to only the messages that concern me.
- L+ : I read all the messages I get.
- L : I'm subscribed and occasionally post to the List.
- L- : I'm a lurker on the List.
- L-- : I post fake virus warnings on the List.
The other way to be in touch with other fans of TLK is forums. How often can you be found there?
M - Mucking, Mushing, and wading through the MUD
- F++++ : I have my own TLK related forum.
- F+++ : I've registered on almost every forum I found and regularly visit all of them.
- F++ : I go to more than one forum.
- F+ : I regularly visit only one forum.
- F : I've registered on one but appear on it rarely.
- F- : I don't find forums useful.
- F-- : I was banned from most forums because I can't help finding holes in their protection.
Mucks and Mushes are just two of the many types online RP's out there on
Telnet. Are you a frequenter of any?
OK, after the M, put the following for the Muck you are on:
Now modify your Muck category....
- a : ATMuck
- t : TLKMuck
- s : Serengeti Nights
- d : FDCMuck
- f : FurryMuck
- e : Anything else....
So, If you're a frequenter of TLKMuck, you TLK Code is the following: Mt++
- M++++ : I am a Wizard! Bow before me, whelp!!!
- M+++ : You're more likely to find me online than in real life.
- M++ : I Muck about pretty regularly.
- M+ : I joined a Muck, but I don't go there much....
- M : I'm not on any Mucks.
- M- : It's kinda pathetic, I think.
- M-- : What's this Telnet thing I keep hearing about?
P - Favorite Characters
Some can't get characters out of their head, love them in their own way, or even become their personification somewhere. And some feel attracted to them not only emotionally. What characters do you like?
First, put this for the beginning... Using "/" modifier you can form several lists. For example, if Simba and Nala inspire you to creative work and you have a lot of stuff related to them, but when you see Timon's relatives or Scar you want to tear them to pieces, you code is "Psn***/*/cox--". Number of lists is unlimited but please don't abuse it.
Now put the modifiers... If there's no letter after "/" modifier suffix belongs to previous list.
- n : Nala
- s : Simba
- c : Scar
- a : Sarafina
- t : Timon
- m : Mufasa
- r : Rafiki
- z : Zazu
- g : Gopher
- k : Kiara
- v : Kovu
- w : Vitani
- i : Zira
- u : Nuka
- o : Ma
- x : Uncle Max
If you have those thoughts about your favorite characters, then these points are for you:
- P**** : I'll devote myself to this character, since it has become part of my life a long time ago...
- P*** : This character is worthy of religion!
- P** : The source of my inspiration.
- P* : I collect stuff and fanfics about him or her.
These points are common:
- P++++ : Whoa! I can't even say this in cyberspace!
- P+++ : Let's just say I can control my dreams...
- P++ : My plushies are a permanent fixture near my bed...
- P+ : I read AMoP, Acceptance, and NC-17 "The Longest Walk" regularly...
- P : My favorite moments in the film is where he or she appears.
- P- : I don't like it.
- P-- : I'm writing a fanfic where it's eaten by hyenas.
W - Writings
The Lion King has inspired many works of literature, fan-fics, and
parodies. Have you done any?
W++++ : I don't write stories. I write novels.
W+++ : I can't go one day without writing something about TLK.
W++ : I've written and released some of my work...
W+ : I've written, but not realeased, some things....
W : I don't write anything...
W- : I can barely write my own signature, much less a story....
W-- : Don't you people have better things to do with your time?
S - Plushies
Some can't live without their plushies, some can't get near them because of
their allergies.... However, plushies have become a fav amongst TLK fans.
How do they rank with you?
S++++ : I don't have covers on my bed, I use plushies....
S+++ : I buy two at a time: one to hug, one to lock in an airtight chamber.
S++ : I hug a plushie daily, and sometimes take them on trips.
S+ : I keep them next to my bed, but not much else.
S : I don't own a plushie.
S- : I sold all my plushies long ago.
S-- : I avoid the Disney Store display at whatever cost.
T - Transformation
If you had the chance, would you let yourself be changed into your favorite
First off, what character would you be changed into? Place as many as apply
after the catagory letter, but before any suffixes.
Now, modify the catagory letter.
- s : Simba
- n : Nala
- c : Scar
- a : Sarafina
- g : Gopher
- i : Sarabi
- m : Mufasa
- p : Pumbaa
- r : Rafiki
- t : Timon
- z : Zazu
- e : Ed
- h : Shenzi
- b : Banzai
- k : Kiara
- v : Kovu
- w : Vitani
- i : Zira
- u : Nuka
- o : Ma
- x : Uncle Max
For example, if you would want to be Nala, Simba, or Timon, but was a
little cautious, the TLK Code would be: Tnst++
- T++++ : Forget the risks! Where do I sign?!?!?!
- T+++ : Heck, yeah! But only if it's reversible.
- T++ : Maybe, but only after a LOT of thought.
- T+ : I'm happy with who I am, but if a accident were to happen, I
- T : I wouldn't do it for anything.
- T- : I would be a part of the coalition against it.
- T-- : I'm beginning a coalition against it now...
This is the way to code about you in Real Life. You know, that other thing
you do when you're not on the computer.
RL - What you do in Real Life
This is coded as RL, but there are some additions... The following is a
list of addons to put with the RL code. Also use the general modifiers to
specify the occupations...
A few special cases:
- RLA : Art
- RLBM : Business/management
- RLC : Craft
- RLCI : Construction industry
- RLCT : Computers/information technology
- RLE : Engineering
- RLET : Education/teaching
- RLF : Farming
- RLFB : Finance/banking
- RLGP : Government/public service
- RLL : Law
- RLLW : Literature/writing
- RLM : Music
- RLMA : Military/armed forces
- RLMC : Media/communications
- RLMH : Medicine (human)
- RLRB : Retail business
- RLS : Science
- RLTH : Theatre
- RLTI : Transport industry
- RLVM : Veterinary medicine
Use the > sign to indicate that you're working/learning as something other
than what you've trained for.
- RLAT : I'm a jack of all trades!
- RLU : Undecided (generally used by young students who haven't picked a
- RLHM : No qualifications, no job, no worries!
Example: If you're trained as a veterinary assistant, but are currently
working as a Food World clerk, the code would be: RLVM>RB
Use a * if you're trained in your RL profession, but someone hasn't picked
you up and started paying you for it.
Example: If you're trained as a banker, but currently unemployed, the code
would be: RLFB*
a - Age
How old are you?
You can also say a40 instead of a++. It's your choice.
- a++++ : 60+ years
- a+++ : 50-59 years
- a++ : 40-49 years
- a+ : 30-39 years
- a : 20-29 years
- a- : 10-19 years
- a-- : Under 10 years
c - Computers
Well, since you're reading this, I must assume that you have some knowledge
of computers, but how much of a geek are you?
If your rating is at least c, use one of the following in front of the
suffixes, but after the letter.
- c++++ : I'll be first in line to get the new cybernetic interface installed into my skull.
- c+++ : I can forget to eat if I'm in front of computer.
- c++ : I surf the web and currently learning to program computers.
- c+ : I do word processing and spreadsheets.
- c : I use them, but only to check my mail.
- c- : Sometimes it's hard to find the "on" button.
- c-- : Computers are destroying society!! Get rid of them all!!!
e - Education
- a : Amiga
- b : BSD Unix
- d : MS-DOS
- l : Linux
- m : Macintosh
- w : Windows 3.x
- n : Windows 95/98/ME/NT
- x : Windows 2000/XP
- o : OS/2
- u : Unix (commercial)
- v : VMS
- f : IBM Mainframe
How far have you gotten in (or out of) school?
h - Housing
- e++++ : Doctorate, or the equivalent
- e+++ : Master's degree, or the equivalent
- e++ : Bachelor's degree, or the equivalent
- e+ : Some tertiary education
- e : Finished high school
- e- : Haven't finished high school
- e-- : Haven't started high school
What kind of pad do you live in?
For all those living in a dorm out there, I think h- fits it well....
- h++++ : Married... with cubs
- h+++ : Married, or shacked up with your mate on a long-term basis
- h++ : Living with one or more TLK fanatics
- h+ : Living with one or more people who know nothing about TLK
- h : Living alone, other TLK fans come to visit
- h- : Living alone, get out once a week to buy food, all surfaces covered in computers and/or zines
- h-- : Living in a cave with 47 computers and an Internet feed
i - Internet
The Internet has influenced many people since its takeoff, and many TLK
fans have hopped on for the ride! How far involved are you on the 'Net?
Put w if you have a web page online, add t if it mentions TLK.
- i++++ : I am a webmaster/site sysadmin.
- i+++ : I surf the 'Net so much I have lost all connection with society.
- i++ : The 'Net's cool. I'm on longer than I sleep in a day.
- i+ : The 'Net's ok. But it's all so confusing!
- i : I'm connected. But that's all.
- i- : I'm not connected. I go through someone else.
- i-- : The Internet is just a fad and will fade away like all others.
l - Likes
Even though this is a TLKCode, it might be helpful if you added something about your other interests.
Place this after the category letter to show what broad interests you have other than TLK. Use as many as is *comfortable*. Too many and the code looks really... well, bad.
Suffixes are really null for this, since you wouldn't have it in your code if you didn't like it. Use the '+' suffix up to four times and any of the general modifiers if you feel the need, however.
- a : Avionics
- c : Card Collecting
- i : Literature
- j : Journalism
- m : Movies
- n : Music
- p : Politics
- r : Reading
- s : Sports
- t : Theatre
- w : Writing
- x : X-Files (or anything Sci-Fi)
- z : Zoology
- 1 : Motoring
- 2 : Archaeology
- 3 : Astronomy
- 4 : Biology
- 5 : Geography
- 6 : Art
- 7 : Culinary art
- 8 : Mathematics
- 9 : World culture
- b : Humanities
- d : Museums
- e : Software
- f : Fantasy
- g : Poetry
- h : Programming
- k : Journeys
- l : Physics
- q : Philosophy
- u : Photography
- v : Chemistry
- y : Economy
p - Pets
Do you take care of any pets? (I'll say 'own' or 'have' sometimes, but I don't recognize anyone as 'owning' a pet)
Place this after the catagory letter to designate what pets you care for. Use as many as necessary.
Now, add the suffixes.
- d : Dog
- c : Cat
- b : Bird
- i : Iguana
- s : Snake
- f : Fish
- l : Lion
- t : Tiger
It takes a LOT of fish to reach p++++, but if you have 2 aquariums, one
fresh, one salt, it'll pass.
- p++++ : My household has been leagally termed a zoo.
- p+++ : I care for a menagerie of fluffy/scaly/feathery pets.
- p++ : I take care of three or more animals.
- p+ : I own two pets.
- p : I have one pet.
- p- : I don't own a pet.
- p-- : Do sea monkeys count?
s - Sex
Ok, this one'll probably be balked on a lot, but everyone needs to know
your gender. It's embarassing to guess wrong. Remember the # modifier to
keep your sex life private...
First, use the following to desginate male or female.
Now, modify with suffixes.
So, if you're a pimp, your code is: sm++++
- s++++ : Heidi Fleiss ain't got nuthin' on me!
- s+++ : Just call me "Lucky".
- s++ : I've had sex with more than one woman/man.
- s+ : I've had sex at least once.
- s : I've had sex... just not with another person.
- s- : I'm not having sex, by choice.
- s-- : I'm a priest/nun, and cannot have sex.
This is my (Athari) very own TLK Code:
——————————————————————————— Begin TLK Code 1.7 ——————————————————————————————
TLK++ A+>++ B- D++++ U++>+++ Gtjbe+ L++ F++ M Pns**/cmr/u-/ox-- W S Tscmrv+++
RLCT* a- cdnx++++ e+ h+ iwt+ lmnrx8eh p- sm#
—————————————————————————————— End TLK Code —————————————————————————————————
[ On top ]